Several things about this cake:
It’s sugar free. (Yep, thanks to Swerve!!)
It’s gluten free (thanks to Bob’s Red Mill)
This frosting is the best.
It’s packed with sprinkles because decorating cakes is hard. (Sprinkles are not sugar free… but sprinkle calories don’t count, right?)
Dark Chocolate > Milk chocolate. Always and forever.
Sugar Free Chocolate Cake
Sugar Free and Gluten Free rich chocolatey cake
- 2 cups (248g) gluten free flour blend
- 2 cups (384g) Swerve Granulated sweetener
- 1 cup (80g) Hershey's special dark cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (240 mL) buttermilk*
- 1 cup (240 mL) warm water
- 75g coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp (84g) butter, softened
- 2 oz fat free cream cheese, softened
- 30g hershey's special dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups (288g) swerve confectioner's sweetener
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare two 9 inch cakes pans by spreading with butter and powdering with flour.
- Mix together flour, sweetener, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Next, add eggs, buttermilk, water, coconut oil, and vanilla. Mix together on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour batter evenly into two cake pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely before removing from pans.
- Mix together all frosting ingredients in medium bowl until smooth. Place one half of cake on serving platter and spread with frosting. Place second half of cake on top and frost entire cake, including the sides.
- Optional: Decorate with sprinkles.
- *For buttermilk, add 1 tbsp vinegar to liquid measuring cup. Add almond milk until liquid reaches 1 cup. Stir and set aside for 5 minutes before adding to cake batter.
- 219 calories
- 22g carbs
- 14g fat
- 5g protein
Be Fit Creations http://befitcreations.com/