It’s not even June yet and the temperature is already creeping towards the upper 80s and 90s. I finally got around to doing some laundry over the holiday weekend and found myself folding sweatshirts, sweatpants, and long sleeved shirts – thanks Kansas for completely skipping over Spring.
But the good news is, any dessert with fruit is a refreshing treat to a hot spring/summer day! This lemon blueberry bread is gluten free with no added sugar, making it a delectable yet guilt-free delight!
Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Bread
- 156g gluten free flour
- 1 scoop syntax vanilla matrix protein
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup swerve sweetener
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp gluten free flour
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup swerve confectioner’s sweetener
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Combine all dry ingredients in medium sized bowl and set aside. In large bowl, combine butter, sweetener, eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice. Slowly add in dry ingredients and alternate with the milk. Rinse blueberries with water and toss with 1 tbsp flour (this will prevent them from sinking). Gently stir in blueberries. Grease bread pan and pour batter into pan. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Allow bread to cool completely before removing from pan.
- Mix together glaze ingredients and use a spoon to drizzle over bread. Cut into 12 slices and serve.
- *For lower carb version, use almond flour instead of gluten free flour.
- *For egg free version, use 1/2 cup applesauce in place of eggs
- 154 calories
- 11.5g carbs
- 10g fat
- 3.7g protein
Be Fit Creations http://befitcreations.com/